Thursday, July 28, 2011

Seagull pictures from Sunday



So here are the pictures I took seeing Seagull again after a couple of years. They are only from the outside, because climbing up into the boat was so complicated that I left the camera in the scooter. 
I sailed her about 4 years ago on the Lake Neuchatel on a sunny summer day.

I have been thinking about this boat now the last days and even if the size is great for handling and Dänu would offer it to me basically for free, I have my doubts if this is the right boat.



It would need some work to be in a condition I would like to spend many months on, additionally it does not have power, nor a fridge or a big water tank. Certainly no GPS or other cool navigation gear, since that all needs power…

I have surfed a bit for used sailboats in Sweden and actually found sailboats about the same size but with a lot more amenities installed even if the boats were about the same age. I think I have to tell Dänu this is not the way to go. Shucks!

I was kind of looking forward working on the boat and planning everything together with him. Let’s see how I can involve him anyway, he has such a big knowledge on things that I would like to learn from.


No comments:

Post a Comment