Wednesday, August 27, 2014

2 nights and a whole Sunday

Taking the fenders off
Old boat passing
Old and new together, check the dinghy
Lökaö natural harbour
Enjoying evening sun
Exploring the island
Beautiful sites
Sun going down
Drying ropes
Breakfast
Stunning clear water
Packing and taking Utö pillow along
Heading back to work
Almost sisters
Cappuccino again
Classic lunch at Bullandö Krog
Djurö bridge

The last week started great with my dear cousin Anna-Maria joining for 2 nights. We headed out north having picked out two possible natural harbours on Lökaö one on the north side one on the east side,  both should give good cover for southern winds that were predicted to change to easterly over night.
After magnificent sailing into the passage between Möja and the other islands east of Möja we reached our first natural harbour. Just about 10 days earlier I had done the passage with my sisters in the opposite direction.
We checked Tistronskären out it was beautiful as described in my harbour book, but all good spots for the current wind direction were taken. So we continued to our second spot on the east side of Lökaö. Here only one motor boat was docked so we had free reign to choose where to go. Since the wind was supposed to change over night we finally found our ideal spot for current and changing wind.
Our maneuver went very well Anna-Maria was surprised that she could climb of onto the rock fairly easily.
After the boat was fast we enjoyed an Apéro in the sun on deck. The motor boat left and we were alone.
After dinner or was it before we went exploring the beautiful island.
Returning to the boat we waited for the stars to show and all tucked up in either sleeping bag or blankets we could see 2 satellites passing and the milky way. Absolutely stunning view! I experimented with my camera trying with long exposure to catch a glimpse of the sky, but did not manage to get the right setting or focus.
Monday wind had shifted to easterly as predicted and still almost clear blue sky. Anna-Maria needed to catch the bus at 12.46 in Bullandö to be on time for some meetings, so we set out shortly after 9 o'clock.
We first motored through the very narrow passage between the islands Storö and Ramsmoraön. Also this I had done with my sisters in the opposite direction. When we reached Kanholmsfjärden we set sails and around 11.40 we started motoring to be on time for the bus. Shortly after 12 o'clock we were perfectly docked in Bullandö again, but with to little time to have a cappuccino, but on time for the bus.
Anna-Maria packed her stuff and I gave her my nice red-white striped pillow that I had bought in Utö with Dee to make the boat more homey. I like to know that that pillow will be on Anna-Marias sofa, especially since last year she recommended to visit Utö, but we did not manage.
After she had left I had my cappuccino and lunch at Bullandö Krog and decided to head out on my own that afternoon.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment