Sunday, August 31, 2014

Kräftskiva preparations and the party

Shopping done
Thawing party food
Not a selfish again
Aftermath
Camilla
Brushing teeth after party
Party starts
Hope my guests find the boat?

What a great party we ended up having on the second last evening on the boat!
Most my guests ended up arriving late, because there had been a major car accident blocking the only street out. So my mom coming with a bus before the accident and Thomas with Viveka coming with their motorboat ended up being the first. I was happy to have some guests earlier and actually start a bit late, since my preparations were running late.
While we were waiting for the rest to arrive we sat outside having an Apéro. Shortly before 20 o'clock everybody had arrived and we moved inside. There we had a lot of fun, I especially enjoyed all the snaps songs that Thomas and Viveka knew, sang and let us sing.

I had been a bit nervous about the party, since in the past I have only done it with Swiss or German friends: Did I have enough wine or beer? What was common to serve with the krayfish? Turned out Västerbottenpaj!
So I organized everything first all the alcohol needed on Tuesday after the museum visit, decorations on Wednesday and krayfish on Thursday, bread on Friday.

My mom traveled furthest to join, which was a great honor and rounded things up with her last visit ending so abruptly on an helicopter.
Then Thomas and Viveka, who had wanted to sail to Åland with me, but it did not work out, finally came to stay for a while on the boat and partly! Camilla and Magnus came that had given us such a wonderful midsummer in June at their summer house. Olle one of my cousins almost 20 younger than me came. We had met in Bern half a year ago during his Erasmus exchange in Switzerland. Dirk and his wife Antje came, we were colleagues at Roche, but Dirk now works in Uppsala since 2 years. During our Roche time we both attended one of the department closing parties that had room for conversations. A colleague tipped him about my blog and since then he has been a true follower also on Facebook.
I could not have fit more people around my table!
Thanks everybody for coming, I loved all your company!
Almost half my guests ended up sleeping over: my mom, Olle, Dirk and Antje!
It felt good to have company on the boat again even over night.
I don't remember at what time we went to bed, but the sky was so wonderfully clear again that the stars were glowing. Such a nice experience just before bedtime!


Posted via Blogaway

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again Sofia! We had a wonderful time. So good to see you again, your mom and friends. Will miss you! Hugs & Kisses /Camilla

    ReplyDelete