Monday, September 1, 2014

"Allt på sjön" fair in Gustavsberg

Fair entrance
Lunch at bakery
Gustavsberg harbour
Linjett 34

Friday morning after Hans and I had lifted up Sofia II to check for possible damages and all was good he gave me a lift to Gustavsberg. At the bus stop I jumped out I only needed to take 4 stops until the boat fair.
 Allt på sjön  
Knowning that I had preloaded a daypass that should not be activated, I pressed the button of 2 coupons to pay for myself the short distance to the harbour. Minutes later I strolled between all the stands finding all the suppliers for boat stuff. So the first I asked were the Furlex roll Genoa supplier what to do about the last bit of unrolling that often got stuck on Sofia II. Apparently only a small block mounted just before the roll to lead the line towards the middle of the opening would solve the problem. Another improvement could be to shorten the line to just what is needed to roll the Genoa up.
The next question I wanted answered was how to read out my downloaded track from the Raymarin GPS plotter without having a Raymarin device. It turns out that can be done with a PC program that costs around 30 Euro and can be downloaded.
Then I saw a Spinlock stand and had a great chat with one of the reps. After that I was interested in binoculars, because those on the boat had been inferior and without a compass. Here I found a great deal with good magnification, waterproof, floating neck belt and lit up compass. Additionally the bright orange rubber coating was very much to my liking. So I treated myself to that as a farwell gift, but decided to pick it up just before I wanted to leave the fair.
Now I was ready for the sailboats especially interesting were all sizes between 32-38 since Sofia II was 37 feet long.
I liked the Bavaria 33, but the kitchen is not longside as was so practical on Sofia II also a Bavaria by the way. Also the chart table is crammed in the corner sitting backwards and surface is too small. Apart from that a very cool boat for a fair price!
Almost all other dealers solutions I did not like, one exception was Linjett sailboats. I liked both the 34 as well as the 37.
 Linjett sailboats  
Only fault I could find with them was their high price and their deep keel of almost 2m. I have to say with the layout as well as the design I was falling in love. I will take the reps up hopefully next year and test sail one or two of their boats at their shipyard in Rosättra west of Arholma.
Definitely something to dream about!
Finally I had gone through all the boats and went to have lunch and buy fresh bread for the party at the nearby bakery Delselius.
 Bakery Delselius  
Then I wanted to head back to Bullandö to prepare for the party in the evening.
On the bus I was shocked to learn that somehow in the morning I had activated my daypass anyway even if I had pressed the coupon button to avoid that. I felt betrayed by the stupid system that had hard rules that were hard to abide to and when I tried I failed anyway. Very unkind and non human behavior of the system. Now I could ride back on my daypass to Bullandö, but the next day when I wanted to use it to travel to Uppsala with my mom it would be invalid and force me to buy separate coupons since a daypass could only be purchased at the Pressbyrån and not on the bus itself.
Felt whipped by the Stockholm public transportation!

Side note: My mom, Olle and I all got a ride into town the next day with Dirk and Antje the morning after the krayfish party, so we saved both hassle and coupons. I actually did not need the daypass after that anymore!


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment