Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Back in Switzerland

My sweetheart surprised at the airport
He got his lakrits pipe
Beautiful Solothurn - home
Enjoying the evening sun
Meeting Thanya again at Gassbar
IKEA almost like Sweden
3 months post opened
Matjessill Ikea style

After a serious shopping spree at the airport in Copenhagen (Kastrup), probably because I finally was back in civilization I needed to get it out of my system, I boarded the plane to Zürich. Just as my 3 marked heavy sailing bags arrived on the belt in Zürich I received a phone call from Martin telling him I arrived safely and cutting him short so I could get my bags. Through customs I thought they would pick me out with 3 bags, but I got through with just a nod from them. Relieved I walked out into the entrance hall and suddenly somebody yelled: "Zappo! "(one of many nicknames I have in our relationship) and then I was in Martin's arms, my sweetheart had come to surprise me and welcome me back!
He stayed until Sunday late afternoon, so my first days back in Solothurn were really sweet and on top of that warm and full of sunshine.
After a well needed haircut (just me) on Saturday we had dinner with Thanya and reminisced about sailing memories from summer in Åland.

First thing I cleaned in my flat was all that could fit into the washing machine and was textile, curtains, sheets, towels...
Then the balcony needed a make over especially since Martin had given me exactly the same grill as I had had on the boat as a memory of the summer sailing as a birthday present. So some rearranging was needed to make space for it and then all my balcony plants were picked up at my neighbor, who had had them in her garden.
We got some nice hours on the balcony in the sun that reminds me of the boat.
After Martin left I have met friends and continued unpacking and arranging. Today I got all my letters and mail that I had sent to Swissbox, who digitally scanned my letters. Now all is opened, last bills payed and most post sorted away.
For dinner I had Matjessill in memory of Swedish summer and midsummer. That is a meal that always brings me back to Sweden and I can enjoy as holiday.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment