Friday, September 5, 2014

Last days in Skåne

Birches next to Helge å
Helge å
More Helge å
Naturum in the distance
Somebody left the life ring in the water
Looks almost like a castle
Gardening an institution since long
Student initiation Kristianstad style
Fort and canons
Battalion in Kristanstad
Just pretty
Nice lawyer sign
Ready to leave
Last shot with my wonderful sister
Leaving Sweden over the bridge to Denmark
Arrived at Kastrup
Christoph and Jack
Fredrik behind the syrup jar

After leaving Stockholm Monday afternoon my first stop was Malmö. There I was to finally meet Jack again and his husband Christoph, that I have only had digital contact with. Jack is one of Lovisa's study buddies and on her 40th birthday 4 years ago I got to meet Jack and we hit it off and got along very well. But since then we haven't had the chance to meet again. Knowing that I would spend my last days in Sweden visiting my sister, we had agreed on Monday 1. September in April to meet all of us. Lovisa couldn't join but at least Jack, Christoph, who had not been at Lovisa's party then and I had dinner together. Time was to short and we definitely need to build the friendship and meet again.
Looking forward to seeing them was a highlight that I had been looking forward to knowing that after my adventure that cool thing would happen.

Monday evening shortly before 22 hours I finally arrived in Kristanstad and my sister picked me up. Fredrik just having started school was awake again when we arrived, so I got to say goodnight.
The next 2 days were filled with getting Manda and Fredrik up on time for school and my sister to work. In-between she had a few hours to spare that we could spend together. Neither Manda nor Fredrik like to be photographed so that is why this post doesn't contain their pictures.
I had the honor to pick Fredrik up from school Thursday afternoon. Wonderful experience!
When I had time to spare I enjoyed the small town and the creek called Helge å with it's nature reserve building Naturum.
Staying a few more days with my family was a nice way to say goodbye to Sweden.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment