Monday, August 4, 2014

Invitation to boat Kräftskiva / Krayfish Party

Kräftskiva Arholma

For years now living in Switzerland I have attended or organized my own Swedish Kräftskiva (Krayfish party) which traditionally can take place from mid August to mid September as far as I am informed. All my Swiss or German friends that have attended in the past are instructed to sing Swedish Snaps visor and wear the tacky bibs and hats while eating. Usually I also ask for a small contribution to the costs.
Interestingly IKEA carries all you need to throw such a party in Switzerland. One year I even attended IKEA's Kräftskiva in Lyssach, Switzerland. They served so much krayfish and snaps it was unbelievable!

Well back to my invitation for another Kräftskiva! This chance to have a party in Sweden and even on the boat that I then will have called my home for 13 weeks I just don't want to pass up. I would like to have everybody I know come and join,  but think that if the weather permitts I can host 7-8 in the cabin and about as many at the steering stand. If the weather is crappy I will see if I can book something at the Bullandö restaurant. But I will limit my invite to the first 15 signing up. On Facebook I created an invitation and feel free to respond to this one too either by comment or by sending me an email.
This is going to be fabulous and I am truly looking forward to having you on board.

Please come to Bullandö Marina, Sweden, pier G spot 50 to S/Y Sofia II at 18h on Friday 29. August.
Places limited to 15 guests, first comes first!

Posted via Blogaway


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment