Saturday, August 16, 2014

Last sailing day with sisters

Dinner at Bullandö Krog
All at dinner
Yoga before cleaning
Lovisa at helm managing gusts with Anna
Lunch together a last time with old and new crew
Fast in Sandhamn
Childhood memories food
Marianne and Lovisa
Just finished our Kanelbulle
Sandhamn house
Sandhamn view
Leaving Sandhamn
Mia concentrating at helm
Beautiful sailing
Saying goodbye so sad!
Breakfast inside
Stora Nassa, can you spot the houses?

How great were our last days together,  just amazing!  Waking up in Bäckskäret Stora Nassa to a almost completely clear blue sky knowing we want to sail almost all day in this was awesome. We did not find a good yoga rock for our morning exercise, but that was OK,  since we needed to get going to reach Sandhamn for lunch.
Lovisa picked up the pegs and rowed to the boat with the dinghy and then we motored through some narrow passages in the Nassa archipelago seeing how beautiful it was!
After getting out in the more open water, we immediately could set sails and in the light wind reached between 3-4 knots of speed. Wind picked up a bit and with some gusts we even had 5,5 on the speedometer. My crew found tacking under these conditions after the days with more than double wind a breeze almost doing it lefthanded.
We had planned to be in Sandhamn around lunch which we managed arriving there just before 14. Docking went fairly well we only needed a spring to move towards the strong side wind to tighten the mooring line, but since we had done the same maneuver just with anchor on Möja a couple of days earlier we worked smoothly together. While I paid the expensive 3 hours "parking " fee of 150 SEK Mia cooked our lunch "blodpudding " bringing back tons of childhood memories. Lovisa called Marianne her childhood friend Alexandra 's mum to see, if we could meet since her summer place is in Sandhamn. It was not certain if we could meet her with all her grandchildren coming and leaving, but we ran into her when we strolled to the famous Sandhamn bakery,  so cool!
After a normal Swedish coffee (filter) but with a delicious Kanelbulle, the bakery lady gave us a leftover bread. You should have seen how happy this made Lovisa to get something for free.
We strolled a bit more, but wanted to continue to Bullandö for the evening and have dinner at their Bullandö Krog, so we needed to leave.
Back at the harbour we had received new neighbors a boat full of young guys sunning and smoking.
In my usual manner we talked through the maneuver for leaving me not wanting to get the mooring line caught in the propeller as done last year in Vaxholm. Since the wind came from the direction of the young guys boat I wanted to hold on to them while we let the mooring sink on the other side of the boat. Mia armed with the boat hook took on this important responsibility. Anna volunteered to loosen the front lines and Lovisa who had fastened the mooring before wanted to release it. We were ready to go and Mia tried to get a good hold on the neighbor boat with the hook when I saw it would be easier to hold on to their shrouds. Her not knowing my only word "Wanten" for it was difficult to get across what I wanted as well as from my angle seeing if she held on to ours or theirs was difficult. I got loud to get her attention and confirmation. Now I felt I could order Lovisa to release the mooring to let it sink a few minutes without us drifting.
Well I was so mistaken! Just when we had let the mooring go the young guys asked if they could have our mooring line and we started to drift towards the motor boat babord side suddenly diagonally in the spot.
I couldn't believe that the young guys had not secured their boat towards the back!
Well I could not use the motor yet because the line was still sinking but we needed to act quickly. Lovisa saw the situation and ran to get the balloon fender between us and the motor boat and I yelled at Mia to get over to our side with the boat hook. Because both of them reacted so quick and well we got away from the motor boat and I could start to back us out. Puh, that was very unpleasant!
Mia was upset with me, certainly my tone had been harsh to get our maneuver under control,  but I think she experienced it as critique. We got it sorted out back on the water. Our last sailing day ended with another great docking now in Bullandö Marina around 19h.
Our week has been great,  can not believe it is over!
This morning we could do yoga under Mia's instructions again on the pier and then clean the boat. Shortly after noon Christin arrived and we all had lunch together. Just before the bus for Stockholm left we managed to get one last cappuccino on the go.
So wonderful it has been with my sisters and my "new " little sister Anna that we share so many Schwäbisch-Swedish memories with as daughters of Swedish dentists. Now we have created new great memories together!
I love you so much do not forget that!
Thanks for joining me on Sofia II with Manfred and Alfons.
I think I have to shed some more tears writing this...


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment