Friday, July 4, 2014

Finally summer approaching

Enjoying my day
Latte
Relaxing while sailing
Flowers
Dessert
Abborre, dinner
Waxholm boat
Forest
Steering and tacking
Meadow
View from Nämdö Böte
Strange lava looking rock formation
On top of Böte
Getting diesel
Anchoring to the left out of sight
Butterfly
Sheep

I have to share what has kept me almost awake since yesterday. As you know for next week sailing over to Åland is planned. Therfore I had asked Thomas in May when I stayed with him, if he could join to support me together with Rainer and Lorena, who both are unexperienced sailors. Sailing to Åland is no biggy,  but slightly different than the rest of sailing, because for 30 nm it is open water.
Jan, my mothers cousin also had offered his help. So over the last weeks I was sure Thomas would come along and if not Jan would be able to jump in. Well as you know things turned out a bit different and until yesterday the compromise was Thomas would only join for the last bit over open water. Yesterday after another sauna enjoyment, I called Thomas back and found out, he would be unable to keep his previous days commitment. I completely understand his reasons with a move of his architecture office that has to take place swiftly next week. He has helped me so much otherwise that even, if I am disappointed, I still owe him rather than the opposite!
Still him saying Yes to the compromise on Thursday and turning me down Friday bothers me.
Well the weather forecast is ideal to do the trip over to Åland and I know I could ever make it single handed, but I had for Rainer and Lorenas assurance planned to have support. Now I am without,  shucks!
All my connections were activated yesterday to fill the spot and during a great dinner that Linn invited me to, I checked for answers of new candidates. A bit uncool to not be completely present at dinner!
Now this sunny morning I will find out, if I get more help.

So back to an awesome last day on the water yesterday! Getting up to a blue sky, having breakfast on deck in the sun, taking the dinghy to shore, walking through meadows and forest to reach the highest point of the island: Nämdö Böte 42m over sea level.
At lunch we managed to lift the front anchor a maneuver that was new to both of us, but worked smoothly only Alfons was a bit confused, but Linn noticed so I could help.
We decided to take the longer route around Runmarsö between islands south of Sandhamn. Great sailing with the wind from behind south east managing to sail butterfly some of the time.
On the last leg towards Djurö bridge   the wind had changed direction and  we needed to tack. Linn managed to do this perfectly, even if it was her first time. She really has a natural talent for sailing, amazing!
All maneuvers in the harbour getting diesel and docking went well. Linn even used my new balloon fender for the first time when approaching the gas station pier. It has been on deck ready to be used at all previous maneuvers since I bought it in Nynäshamn this week, but not needed so far!
Reflecting on the past week just makes me smile, so many amazing experiences, so nice to get to know Linn and have many meaningful conversations, I am so blessed!

By the by I noticed yesterday checking my reflection in the mirror that I have 2 spots left and right over my mouth that are slightly lighter. When I smiled I got the answer the skin is shaded by my smile. So that is how I know I am happy for sure!


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment