Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My 45th birthday

Antonio steering

Fiskö night sky

Ulrike on the helm

Lunch snack

Lunch company

Storm coming

Tapas

Oxfilé

All of us

Harbour

Viewing tower

Sauna platform

What an awesome day I had!
Martin and I sat and enjoyed the light summer sky after sunset in Fiskö. Shortly before midnight we retired to bed and when it turned midnight he gave me my first present a wonderful set of earings and matching ring,  just so beautiful!

This Jewelry I had on with my green Desigual dress he had given me in Barcelona in March during his marathon. All dressed up even with a bit of makeup we headed to have dinner at Glada Laxen for my birthday dinner. Oxfilé and we even got treated to a Prosecco on the house.
After swimming in Fiskö and breakfast, we headed out with good wind to sail to Glada Laxen south west of us. A treat again was the harbour passage zigzag with bearing marks out and two other narrow ones between islands. We set sails and just with the Genoa we almost hit 5 knots so most of the way we needed to reef the main.
Wind wise I think this was the strongest wind we have had this week. The weather forecast was not in unison about thunder storm approaching for the afternoon,  but we wanted to arrive before 16h as recommended by the innkeeper.
Well we arrived shortly after 12 and decided to go on a bit enjoying the strong wind. So at 13.30h we were docked with back anchor and tied up at the pier with the front.
Immediately we headed to the restaurant and ordered our lunch which was a great snack. Martin got one of the last fish soups, yeah!
Then we found out that the island had basically nothing else to offer except a viewing tower and a 5km hike around the island.
Ulrike, Antonio and I set out for the hike, after a long path through the woods we had coast on both sides and were lead with white dots on the rocks along the coast back. We heard grumble which turned out to be thunder in the distance and the sky was all about dark. Half way along the coast it started raining and we had flash and thunder coming closer, but still counting between 8-11 seconds light and sound. I called Martin to turn all electronic off on the boat.
Just when we slightly soaked with warm rain returned to the boat Martin informed me the anchor had loosened.
Funny actually last year a summer storm also caused us to do an anchor maneuver which went sour on my birthday.
Here in the shelter of the Glada Laxen harbour while on the other side of the island the waves had had white caps it was almost calm. Martin took the anchor into the dinghy rowed out a bit and let it go and we were back in business.
Therefore my birthday could continue to develop very pleasant with sauna together with just Martin before dinner as the next activity.

After a lovely dinner we headed up to the viewing tower and enjoyed the sunset from the top.
Back on the boat I finished my great birthday by loosing in backgammon.
At midnight again we went to bed very satisfied!

Thanks everybody for all the great birthday wishes via all channels!

Posted via Blogaway

Posted via Blogaway


Posted via Blogaway

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend your birthday and I am glad you enjoyed it so much :-) (Colleen)

    ReplyDelete