Thursday, July 17, 2014

First day with hardly any wind and shipwreck

Dinner again
Marvelously docked
Boat wreckage
Daniel and I exploring the island
Marvelous vegetation, Svinskär
View from the top rock
Myself
Great team getting docked
No wind
Fishing boats
House seen at passage
We slept in, though I woke up at just before 5 and saw the beautiful sunrise and went to bed after that again. So after breakfast Daniel and I swam on shore and a bit later I took Thanya in the dinghy. Sunshine and warm smooth rocks just awesome to explore and enjoy.
We set out shortly after lunch to our next natural harbour Svinskär hoping to set sails after passing through the narrow first passage. But the wind died competey leaving the water as a  mirror so we motored all 11 sm.
Well at the harbour I tried slowly to go towards shore as marked in my harbour book for docking,  but hit bottom. We left Daniel on shore to find us a better place and I was just about to abort to do swing anchoring again,  when Daniel pointed out a suitable spot. We tested first again and this time no hitting the bottom!
So off we went to lay the anchor right and then get the boat tied up to our rock pegs. We ended up at a spot with steps in the rocks to climb off the boat as well getting up the rock, just perfect! Once again I have trained my team well and we all work great together.
After a well sought after chilled beer as a welcome drink in the heat, Daniel and I went exploring the island. The quest was to find rum as the pirate Sparrow did,  but we only found a boat wreckage.
We enjoyed the rest of the evening and are going to bed early for an early start to Kökar tomorrow to be certain to get a space at their pier.

Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment