Monday, July 21, 2014

Halftime!

Bomarsund -Andbergsfladen

Our goal was our natural harbour for the night 18sm away. Since we knew a spot was certain we took it slow in the morning,  going swimming and showering first after breakfast and then taking a path through the woods to the fort slowed down by blueberry picking. After returning to the boat we prepared sandwiches and filled up water and headed off almost immediately setting sails. About half an hour into sailing we turned around the corner of an island and I saw a low bridge over the water that I had missed in my planning. Shucks! We turned around and now needed to motor the next 1,5 hours going south. We ended doing 21sm instead and arrived a bit later than my initial planning. Ups!

Arriving at the natural harbour Andbergsfladen Daniel and I mounted the Åland gas bottle to the back of the boat. I cut myself using the knife cutting the ropes mixing the sharp side up. My finger hardly stopped bleeding even, if the cut was shallow. No biggy, Dee's first aid kit got some more usage!
We had a drink on arrival also celebrating my halftime 6 and half weeks of my total of 13 weeks sailing are completed. Juhu!
Still enjoying every minute of it!

Since I am in Finish waters here in Åland my data roaming with my Swedish prepaid is restricted somehow. So my blogs are written daily, but will be posted on bulk when I have Wifi access again. Sorry about that.
I will try to post at least one impression a day on FB though.

(Another one from last week that just was impossible to post,  now last try without pictures!)


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment