Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Going back in time

Rain coming
Grandfathers island
Dramatic sky ahead
Nicely docked
Clothes line and dinner
First blueberrys
Sunset view from the rock
That's where I spent my summers until 10
Calm water
Sunset from above
Cows
Sun is out -reading time!
Perfect for stepping off

Today my highlight was rounding my grandfathers island Gränö-Långholmen that I spent all summers on until I was 10. My mom even told me she spent 3 months with just me as a newborn there. My dad and his brothers sold the island in the 70ties.
As I found out today there are still 2 red houses and a little one in between on it. I remember how challenging it was to climb the hill to the house as a child. A nice experience to see it again and circle it boat wise!

Before we got to my grandfathers island, I greated our cow neighbors and we motored,  because the sea was completely calm. Even the sun came out and Linn enjoyed reading on deck in Eva's favorite spot that now is hers. But the direction we were heading looked enormously dramatic with dark clouds in blue shades.
After the island circling we only had a short ride to one of the most popular natural harbours outside of Stockholm: Napoleon viken!
In my harbour book it said up to 300 boats could be anchoring simultaneously at high season. When we arrived shortly before 15h trailing another sailboat we counted 7 other boats by now we have doubled at least!
After a perfect anchor maneuver, I did not even have to adjust my anchor line length anymore,  we had our drinks and shortly thereafter rain started to pour.
I decided after a climb up to the highest rock above that a shower with the still warm water at the bathing deck would be nice. That is when I noticed Sunday rain dripping had had a bigger effect than I had noticed then. Well our cabin is now full of washing lines for my stuff to dry. Even dinner is in between lines!

By the way today I managed!to get 60 chicken points,  but Eva's record is still standing: 64!

Now I am looking forward to Saltsjöbaden tomorrow and Stockholm.
Good night!


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment