Monday, July 28, 2014

Söderlandet east of Kumlinge

Natural harbour at Söderlandet

We are just enjoying our second night away from Mariehamn. Yesterday we stayed at Granskär with just a pier for visiting boats and bouys for members of the club the area belongs to. We could tie up the boat along the side and used the pier to grill.
Antonio an experienced fishermen started to pull out one Abborre after the other from under the pier after a while Martin joined and they ended up with 17 within an hour. Absolutely amazing!
Tonight at our second real natural harbour Söderlandet we enjoyed Jahnsons Frestelse with all the Abborre, wonderful!
To get here today took us just 4,5 hours that started out with rain and thunder grumble in the distance and hardly any wind. Wind shifted and picked up and at the end of the day we sailed butterfly and hit 5,6 knots with sunshine and turquoise water.
I enjoy my dear friend Ulrike's company who is an experienced regatta sailor, so she optimizes the sails without needing instructions and we have fun getting the most speed out of the boat. Discussing which route to take and reading the sea charts together is also fun. I notice how I am more relaxed in her company,  because I am not carrying the whole navigation burden myself.
Having Martin on the boat again is also great, I am less tense than 5 weeks ago and going swimming and enjoying the warm weather is pleasant.
Ulrike's boyfriend Antonio that I have met a few times before, but not really had the chance to get to know is a great cook, good sailor and awsome fisherman! On a boat all qualities I adore.
We have just watched the sun set and still can sit outside reading or blogging.
Life is very good momentarily!
Tomorrow we head north to Fiskö which will probably be my most northern place, yeah!


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment