Monday, June 9, 2014

Back to last year's rescue harbour

Kyrkviken, Ornö
More sailing
Sailing across Norrfjärden
Dinner view

After a quiet and restful night,  breakfast in the sun, we set off to leave at 10h before the wind picked up as prognosed. I was a bit worried, if the anchor would give easily or give us trouble,  but everything went smoothly. First leg of the day: maneuver between islands and narrow passages 3 of which I found in my book called "Genvägar genom Skärgården",I  had a lot of fun doing that.
When we arrived at Norrfjärden we set sails even if we had to beat. From then on heading south we enjoyed almost 3 hours of good sailing in the sun with Dee perfecting her tacks. Towards the north we could see how the clouds piled up high building up to the thunder storm that I wanted us to avoid prognosed for 17h in the area we left.
At 15.50h we were safely tied up in Kyrkviken on Ornö. The harbour Martin and I got towed to after our rescue on my birthday last year. All is still closed both shop and great restaurant.

Our harbour maneuver got us both so sweaty that I dared to take a quick dip in 16 degrees of water. I was reward with a warm shower on deck afterwards. Dee followed my example. Now we are cooking dinner and are happy the thunder did not reach us today.

Update on my mom:
She got to fly to Helsingborg and is now in the hospital at her hometown with a view from her window towards her flat. She sounded well on the phone and excited about the transport treatment she had received to the airport etc. Compared it to a kings treatment.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment