Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sailing slow and fast

Weather changes
Getting into cold water
Hanging bridge
More islands
My crew reading
Enjoying fresh buns
Breakfast Arkösund
Satellite picture, blue dot boat
Boat is in the middle
Diving
Stendörren

Since Hans had sent instructions to fix the speedometer and log yesterday, I know a dive under the boat was necessary. This should take place before we left harbour!
That hanging over my head all morning I first wanted to do it before breakfast,  but ended doing it after a wonderful one in the sun with fresh still warm buns and melon.
We headed out north at 11h and first the speedometer did not work and I thought all my hard labor putting on neoprene had been in vain. Suddenly I started working just when we had set sails and I thought we are awfully slow,  it would be good to know how slow. Yippee!
We hardly did 1 knot and I had measured our passage to be 22 sea miles,  so it would take us 22 hours to get there if we keep it up.
But the wind slowly changed direction coming from the south east helping us go north east. Our highest speed sailing ended up being 5,6 knots towards the end.
We really enjoyed ourselves and my crew red books in the sun.
We were fast at a SXK buoy at the  natural harbour Stendörren at 17h and after our traditional drink to celebrate being fast, I got a bit tipsy and decided to row to land to walk around.
When I returned my crew had started to make dinner and we enjoyed it in a beautiful setting again!
Evening was ended with a long competitive card game which had 10 phases to go through which keept us up past midnight.
Another great day has passed, thanks!


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment