Sunday, June 22, 2014

Rain, hail, sun, wind and gusts

New Arkösund Marina map
Shifting weather
Torsten at the helm getting hair out of his way
Pretty little island
Sun comes out again
Boat properly docked
View from our boat with rainbow
Found my sun hat

Very mixed weather day and cold! Apparently we just witnessed the coldest midsummer since 50 years,  therefore my new crew put on almost all they brought to stay warm and know by now how to turn the heat on in the boat. So picture all these wonderful views in 12 degrees with wind, that probably with windshield is 9 degrees.
We did really well and Torsten was at the helm through tacks, hail, gusts and wind turns. Of 4 hours on the water we sailed 2.

We had a good nights sleep in Oxelösund and after waking up we had sun and lee so we dished up for breakfast on deck. Half an hour later first rain shower came so we changed to inside. This turned out to be the weather pattern of the day, shifting every 15-20 minutes.
After breakfast we examined our food supplies and Stefan and Eva went stocking up. After seeing Martin off, who took a bus and train to Arlanda, Torsten and I maneuvered to get diesel. We only needed 14,5l to get full again.

I will miss Martin, but he will be back in July for my birthday, yeah!

Now we are happily docked in Arkösund at a completely new guest harbour. We arrived in the rain first looking for the harbour as specified in my harbour book,  but reading on all signs that the harbour was private. Strange we thought and went on to find the new harbour just around the corner with 2 young guys showing us where to dock and helping by fastening our lines.
After a great dinner that the crew put together I enjoyed the sauna all by myself with a dip in the sea afterwards.

On another note my mom is at home now with my sister having visited yesterday and help coming regularly. She is still hurting,  but says recovery is obvious even if slow.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment