Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cleaning, farwell and new crew

Cleaning in and outside
New complete crew
Mascot needing a name
Sea is calm again

It was a very stormy night, luckily we were in the harbour. At 5 o'clock I woke thinking the flapping sound that woke me was the Swedish flag I had forgotten out the night before. I got out pulling a fleece and jacket over to roll the flag up to get some more sleep. But that done the sound did not stop. Looking around I saw 3 boats down the roll Genoa was partly open and flapping hard in the storm braking more and more free. Realizing that the sail could damage itself as well as damage other boats, if it opened up more, I thought the owner must be gone. So I walked over jumped on the boat knocked on the front hatch just in case to wake the owner, if he was there anyway before saving the sail. To my surprise an old bearded guy came and together we rescued his sail. He thanked me over and over for my help, praising my knowledge. I on the over hand thought; scary to see all his knots being done wrong, boat strangely tied up and sail flapping in a storm, you should learn safety before going out on the water!
Finally it was quiet again and I got 2 hours more sleep.
After our first breakfast inside the boat, we cleaned,  washed clothes and Dee finished packing. We completed just in time to welcome Aden and Catherine at 11.45h.
All of us had lunch together and I forgot to take a picture!
Then Dee left and we planned and shopped groceries and finished the evening at a wonderful restaurant Krogen located at the harbour. Just when I had ordered desert Martin arrived, finally.
Oh yes Dee surprised me with a mascot that still needs a name, any suggestions?
Good night the storm is quiet now !


Posted via Blogaway

1 comment:

  1. Winnie, of course !

    Thanks for your interesting daily posting, I hope, your mum gets better soon and you will have a good week before you, may God bless you all !

    ReplyDelete