Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day ends with helicopter to hospital

Rescued on boat
Mom
Helicopter before take off
Off to Södersjukhuset
Bad rocks
Lovely place
Hurt and packed up
Crime place
Empty without mom

Today was awesome day sailing with my mom. We had anticipated that the sun would show around 14h that was when we headed out to sail to a natural harbour for the night. We had so much fun jibing and tacking between the rocks at a light wind. Last bit we did under motor and sought out and checked where we could make fast. My mom was upfront checking the water depth and somehow we ended up at place with a big rock blocking the passage to the rocks to tie up the boat and instead of us trying again she decided to jump.
This is where the sad story stated. She slipped and must have fallen on her left side hurting hip, elbow and finger(s?) into the shallow water and her automatic lifewest went off.
When I heard her whimper and saying "I think I broke my arm!" I secured the boat by wading through the water and tying it up. Then checked on her realizing she is badly hurt. Called 112 and they sent both ambulance helicopter as well as life guards to her rescue. Then I got all blankets and silver emergency blanket out to cover her up and tried to get her feet out of the water so she wouldn't chill out. I think about 20 after my alarm both helicopter and life guard boat arrived taking care of my mom.

It is so beautiful here and I miss her so much now after the great days we have had. All my relatives and friends are helping to find out how she is doing at the hospital. Last word is she is still at the emergency reception but sedated with pain killers.
Brave mom get well quickly! Love you lots!


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment