Sunday, June 29, 2014

First day on the water with Linn

Rain wet stuff

Celebrities

Having lunch and auto pilot steers

Swan mamma

Harbour office Utö

Fog horn

Linn preparing lunch

Restaurant Kroken

Linn's is longer than mine

Foggy again

Strawberries

Linn's work

Snail 2 of many many more

Snail 1

Biff à la Lindström

A bit of sun after fog

Yesterday we decided to stay one more night in Nynäshamn and give me as well as Linn a bit more time to get used to the boat. Weather forecast was rain over night and fog for the morning. That turned out to be an excellent decision again,  because it rained more than predicted and the wind changed direction, got stronger so I secured the boat with a second line to the bouy. Nice to have a dinghy to do that with!
After sauna we went to the harbour restaurant Kroken just located next to our boat. We both ordered "fisksoppa" that was excellent! Suddenly I received a SMS telling me that Roger, Anna Pia and Olivia also were having dinner at Kroken. These were Camilla's Swedish friends that we met during midsummer celebration. What a coincidence to bump into them! Without the SMS we would not have known and probably missed seeing them,  because we were exactly at the far end opposite to each other! So nice to meet them again, even if they had to go to get Olivia to bed.
A while later when I wanted to go to bed I noticed that the window above my clothes closet was dripping. I had not turned one of the closing nobbs completely closed, shucks! After wiping up on top of the closet I noticed that the floor and ground compartment were both soaked,  well some of my underwear, sleeping bag sheets and towel were drenched. Luckily we were still in Nynäshamn where I could use the dryer this morning.
After a breakfast with fresh bread buns Linn got the complete run down on safety instructions as well as leaving harbour instructions. On top of that we practiced throwing anchor and walked through the docking maneuver for later in Utö.
Since the fog went and came back of and on I purchased a substantial fog signal air horn. Now we were prepared to leave!
On the water we even could set sails and picked up speed from 2 knots to 4 knots.
At Utö harbour where Dee and I had been, Linn and I did a perfect anchor maneuver and tied up at the pier! The new anchor roll made a huge difference,  but probably my experience by now helps too!
The weather is very British momentarily with foggy rain lowering the sight. Still Linn and I had a nice walk and found snails everywhere, but also wood strawberries,  yummy!
Tomorrow after the fog lights up we leave to continue north back to the home harbour Bullandö again at the end of this week!

Posted via Blogaway


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment