Sunday, June 8, 2014

Dee is here

Ormskär
Lunch with Dee
Panorama
Dee and me
Harbour book
Grilling

Dee missed her connection yesterday, but arrived around 15h by then both of us needed lunch immediately! My wait for Dee had been sweetened by a surprise visit with his motor boat from Thomas. We had an ice cream together in the sun and just as he left Dee arrived.
We used the rest of afternoon and evening to get situated and installed. I checked the automatic lifewests since the one my mom had used needed replenished and the other one was dated. Taking to the Bullandö harbour store owner got me all the right spare parts the next morning. So safety is restored!
After a slow start and an aborted diesel fill up we got going after lunch time. We had good sailing south and Dee picked up on the ins and outs of the sails handling. The last bit approaching our natural harbour for anchoring was a beautiful passage between island we did under motor.
I am not proud to say that my second crew landed in the water while trying to step on land. Suddenly Dee dissappeared from my sight, I found her half in the water hanging of the front ladder. Luckily her west did not go off and by bringing the dinghy to her she got out of the water. She is a great sport,  very lucky to have her as my crew.
Our second attempt setting her of on dry land succeeded, but we needed the longest rope to secure the boat around a tree. I was completely wet from all the carrying ropes up and down the front ladder and hammering bolts in stone cracks to secure the lines, when we finally were finished 1h later.
The charcoal grill served us well and we enjoyed dinner in a beautiful setting.

On another note my mom is slowly feeling better and wonders how they will transport her to Helsingborg from Stockholm next.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment