Monday, June 30, 2014

We caught a fish

Evening
Practicing knots
Linn fishing
Cycling
Calm morning
Anchoring successful
Freshly smoked "sik"
Sailing slowly
Other shore Utö
Best place to sit now
Sun setting
Old mining grounds since 1100
Dinner preparations
Cappuccino, kardemumma bulle

Our first natural harbour turned out to have fish surfacing every where as the sun set. Therefore we decided to try Dee's fishing rod. I taught Linn how to use it and because we didn't want the hooks to pierce our dinghy by accident we went to shore. There we could practice, but only caught seaweed. So back to the boat, dinghy pushed to the other side Linn's first shot wheeled in a "sik" whitefish about 12 cm my guess. I frantically looked for the net or what it is called to bring the fish in and could not find it. We both were so feminine airheaded about what to do that the fish freed itself before we could decide how to kill it. I was relieved that I got away this time not like last week when I had to put the mask on the hook for fishing for Stefan!
Just when that was taken care of the wind shifted and we needed to adjust all lines to be far enough from shore for the night. Right now I got up at 5 o'clock to check again,  because the wind is supposed to shift. But this time all is calm and the fish leave circles in the water around me again.
Yesterday was awesome! We started the day with different programs, Linn ran a round and I rented a bike to see the other shore and some old mining grounds. After another great kardemumma bulle and cappuccino at the bakery, we left around noon and set sail as soon we had passed all small islands north of Utö. Just when Linn wanted to climb on-board to leave, she lost one shoe in the water. Quickly retrieved I was on deck all day to dry.
We had south easterly wind and needed to go north so partly we could do butterfly. That turned out to be a course the auto-pilot, which now is called Alfons (Alfons Åberg the inspiration) did not manage well. Our speed varied between 1-3,5 knots during sailing.
Linn dished up the best leftovers lunch I have had so far on the boat.
Late afternoon we arrived at our natural harbour destination and our anchoring went really smooth. Linn got on shore without getting wet or falling, yeah!
Just when we were fast a boat came by with 2 young lads selling smoked fish and bread. We bought the smallest "sik" and it was delicious!
Today we want to pass the island that belonged to my grandfather,  my dad's dad, Långholmen and then anchor in Napoleon viken. Wendsday we want to dock in Saltsjöbaden and go to Stockholm by train.
Now I go back to sleep for another 2 hours!


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment