Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mostly rainy today

After a night with little sleep, because the boat was fastened to a buoy squeaking all night long, we headed back to Bullandö to go grocery shopping with RTC's car.
That went well until on the way back I took a wrong turn and stopped at a bus stop to get orientated. Just when I realized I had to turn around a big red bus honked. I checked if the road was empty to do a Uey and got out of the bus way. This is where the trouble started! Even if I was driving a Golf sized car I did not manage to make a complete turn. Standing perpendicular on the opposite lane with a big bus in my rear I frantically tried to find the reverse gear. While concentrating I slowly rolled towards a deep ditch without noticing until my mom hollered, so I pressed the brake just before it was to late. Then finally I found the reverse and managed to turn the car. Puh, that was close us ending up in a ditch!
The harbour maneuver before lunch when I had to back out to get it right was a lot easier than with the car!
My mom and I decided after this eventful day we need to rest up tomorrow and take it slow. No 8 hour trip with the boat to Stockholm for us in fair conditions tomorrow with possible thunder at night. We will rather take it slow and stay here.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment